Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful, colorful, tasty, quick and very easy to make. Yields 8 1/2 cup servings, but I sometimes add cooked shrimp (heated through), turning this dish into a main meal for two or three.
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth, not condensed
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pepper, any color
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, Orzo pasta and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for seven minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook for an additional five minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
This was a lifesaver! A long work day with no time to shop and friends coming for dinner. (I need to plan better.) I found broccoli in the freezer and did a Zaar search and found Gwen35's recipe. It turned out to be a quick and tasty side dish to a chicken francese that I was serving that evening. Thanks Gwen35!!