Recipe by Gwen35
Wonderful, colorful, tasty, quick and very easy to make. Yields 8 1/2 cup servings, but I sometimes add cooked shrimp (heated through), turning this dish into a main meal for two or three.
Top Review by Grease
This was a lifesaver! A long work day with no time to shop and friends coming for dinner. (I need to plan better.) I found broccoli in the freezer and did a Zaar search and found Gwen35's recipe. It turned out to be a quick and tasty side dish to a chicken francese that I was serving that evening. Thanks Gwen35!!
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth, not condensed
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pepper, any color
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated