Vino Girl's Note:
Have everything ready ahead of time because this goes quickly once you start cooking! From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon margarine or 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- 1Combine water and salt in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- 2Add orzo and cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add asparagus and cook 4 more minutes.
- 4Drain and set aside in a large serving bowl.
- 5Cook garlic and bell pepper in margarine and oil in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until crisp-tender.
- 6Keep stirring, and add peas; cook another minute. Add broth, lemon rind, and white pepper; bring to a boil and cook one minute.
- 7Add vegetable mixture to orzo and asparagus; toss and top with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Primavera
Serving Size: 1 (578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 428.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.3 g