Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very good and quick supper. Serve with hot bread and go for it. This dish has no meat in it.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 lb cooked orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, mined
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in medium skillet and sauté shallots, garlic, carrot and red pepper.
- Add squashes and cook until just tender.
- Turn the heat to high and add stock, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- When the sauce comes to simmer turn the heat down to low and stir well.
- Add the cooked orzo and half and half and stir until all of the sauce is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese.
- Serve with French bread.
Made a delicious and filling meal.
Very quick to make and tastes fantastic! You don't miss the meat at all. I'll be making this again - thanks Margie