Prep 15 mins
Cook 32 mins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato, packed without oil
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leeks
- 2 cups diced portabella mushroom caps
- 1 cup quartered mushroom
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked orzo pasta (about 2 cups uncooked rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulbs (about 1 large)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 ounces shredded sharp provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 ounce grated fresh parmesan cheese
- basil sprig (optional)
- Combine the tomatoes and boiling water in a small bowl; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until tomatoes soften, drain.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, leek, mushrooms, and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Combine the mushroom mixture, orzo, and next 6 ingredients (orzo through pepper) in a large bowl; stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle provolone and parmesan cheeses over casserole, and bake an additional 5 minutes; garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.