Recipe by EmilyStrikesAgain
From a Vegan Mediterranean cookbook that tastes more like a risotto than a pilaf because of its creamy texture.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 12 ounces orzo pasta
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen baby green peas and pearl onions
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, deep-sided skillet with a lid, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the orzo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, peas and pearl onions, red peppers, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer, stirring a few times until the orzo is tender yet still firm to the bite and absorbed the liquids, about 15 minutes. Serve at once.