Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Bon Appetit's Quick & Delicious.
- 3 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, can use more
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring the broth to a boil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Mix orzo in and simmer uncovered until just tender but still firm to bite and some broth still remains, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add green onions and cheese and stir to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Rewarm if necessary, over low heat and mix in more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if pilaf is dry.
- Transfer to a large bowl and serve.
This was delicious and comes together very quickly. I will however half the recipe next time, as it was just a bit much for 2 people. My fault though, since I know that lb. of pasta will serve four people. :)
okay...parmesan was too strong of a taste