Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooks Illustrated. This is quick and tasty.
Make and share this Orzo Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- Heat butter in 12 inch skillet.
- Add onion and salt, cook 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic; stir.
- Add orzo, cook stirring often until orzo is lightly toasted and golden, about 5 minutes remove from heat and add wine and stock.
- Return to heat, bring to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and cook 10-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in peas, parmesan, nutmeg and pepper.
- Add salt if needed.
This is just excellent and sure feeds a crowd! It tastes much like risotto, but with zero work involved. I followed the directions exactly and used white wine.
This was wonderful! I happen to have sweet vermouth and used that, and I just loved the blend of flavors. I know this'll be repeated many times.
Tasty side dish, I used vermouth for the liquid, I had to add more chicken stock as it absorbed it all before the orzo was cooked. Lots left over for lunch tomorrow! Thanks for posting.