From Cooks Illustrated. This is quick and tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in 12 inch skillet.
- 2Add onion and salt, cook 5 minutes until softened.
- 3Add garlic; stir.
- 4Add orzo, cook stirring often until orzo is lightly toasted and golden, about 5 minutes remove from heat and add wine and stock.
- 5Return to heat, bring to a boil.
- 6Lower to simmer and cook 10-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- 7Stir in peas, parmesan, nutmeg and pepper.
- 8Add salt if needed.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 708.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 19.2 g