- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely diced green bell peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil and stir in pasta.
- Boil about 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
- Remove from skillet, crumble and set aside.
- Drain pan reserving 3 tbsps. of drippings in pan.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in reserved drippings until tender but not browned.
- Add pasta, carrots and bell peppers.
- Heat thoroughly, tossing constantly to coat.
- Sprinkle with bacon.