Recipe by Barb G.
The recipe comes from Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine. Food exchange: 2 starch/bread exchange + 1 fat exchange.
Top Review by chrissycat13
This is my second try for this recipe, and with a few additions, I loved it! I added a tsp. of minced garlic out of the jar (I know... I'm lazy), a bit of lemon juice (to taste), and a large helping of peas. Wonderful! Thanks for the recipe!
- 8 ounces orzo pasta or 8 ounces other small shell pasta (such as mini shells)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (pignoli)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large kettle of water to a boil and cook orzo until al dente; 3 minutes.
- Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a small, non-stick skillet, heat oil and stir in pine nuts.
- Cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add basil.
- Toss with orzo, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through and serve.