Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the meals in minutes weight watchers cookbook. For a pretty presentation, service it it radicchio leaves - pretty and yummy!
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta
- 3⁄4 cup basil leaves
- 2⁄3 cup arugula leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon walnut pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 3⁄4 lb turkey breast cutlets
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and slivered
- 1 head radicchio, quartered, cored, and sliced
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the orzo, reduce the hear, and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, and put the orzo in a large bowl.
- To make the pesto, combine the basil, arugula, garlic, walnuts, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a food processor or blender. Add the reserved hot cooking liquid and puree. Stir 2 Tablespoons of the pesto into the orzo.
- Bring the wine and bay leaves to a boil in a medium skillet. Boil 1 minute, then reduce the heat to medium and add the turkey. Cover and poach until the turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain, discarding the bay leaves.
- Chop the turkey and add it to the orzo. Stir in the olives and radicchio. Fold in the remaining pesto and then the cherry tomatoes. Add the parmesan, pepper, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt; toss to combine.