Recipe by cookiecutter _
Can be made up to 2 days in advance and travels well, making this a great picnic recipe. From the Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Cookbook.
Top Review by Boomette
This is so easy to do and taste great. The dressing probably need some seasonings. I used the red bell pepper and green onion for me but for DH left out the green onion. Thanks cookiecutter :) Made for I recommend tag game
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with a garlic press
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, including green portions
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed and cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 10 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl whisk together vinegar, water, olive oil, mustard, garlic, and pepper until well blended. Stir in green onions and bell pepper.
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook 6 minutes. Add peas and cook until pasta is al dente and peas are tender-crisp (2 - 3 minutes). Drain.
- Add orzo and peas to the large bowl and toss gently to combine and coat evenly.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.