From Filippo Berio olive oil web site.
Make and share this Orzo Pasta With Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs raw small shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente (tender but still firm). Drain.
- Toss with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil; set aside.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque (do not overcook).
- Stir in pasta, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley and lemon juice continue to cook until all is heated through.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese. Season to taste and serve.