1/3 Photos of Orzo Pasta With Shrimp
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
From Filippo Berio olive oil web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs raw small shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 1/2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente (tender but still firm). Drain.
- 2Toss with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil; set aside.
- 3Heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
- 4Add shrimp; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque (do not overcook).
- 5Stir in pasta, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley and lemon juice continue to cook until all is heated through.
- 6Sprinkle with feta cheese. Season to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Pasta With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.0
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 223.2 mg
- Sodium 1118.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 32.9 g