Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Summer orzo pasta salad with asparagus and tomatoes
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- salt and pepper
- 6 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 1 cup halved red yellow grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pitted coarsely chopped kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- Large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add orzo and gently stir to prevent sticking.
- Cook for about 10 minutes- add asparagus to pot during last two minutes.
- Drain; rinse with cold water.
- Drain again and bring to room temperature.
- Meanwhile combine vinegar, mustard, garlic, maple syrup, dill, chopped capers, salt and pepper in blend in mix.
- Slowly add oil and blend until mixture emulsifies.
- Place orzo, asparagus in a large bowl and toss with dressing.
- Refrigerate, covered for one hour.
- Remove 30 minutes before serving- gently stir in tomatoes, olives and pine nuts.