Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I attended a class and the instructor made several different salads for us. I liked this one a lot so I asked her for the recipe. I believe that she got it from a cookbook of different salads. I wanted to eat if for dinner so I decided to add chicken to it, but she served it to us without it. She also said that you like you can add feta cheese and/or black olives to the top of the pasta dish, but I have never done that.
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta (I use Ronzoni brand)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained (I use Westbrae Natural organic corn)
- 1 (7 ounce) container pesto sauce (I use Bertoli reduced fat)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, julienne cut and drained (I use California Sun Dry brand)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- In meantime, cook chicken on stove, seasoning it with whatever spices you like. I used Italian seasoning and a bit of sea salt and pepper.
- When pasta and chicken are done cooking, add the other ingredients and stir.
- Let sit in refrigerator for a few hours before eating.
This was a great make ahead meal. I added grilled chicken breast and used fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried (too expensive). The leftovers were good for lunch and snacks.