I attended a class and the instructor made several different salads for us. I liked this one a lot so I asked her for the recipe. I believe that she got it from a cookbook of different salads. I wanted to eat if for dinner so I decided to add chicken to it, but she served it to us without it. She also said that you like you can add feta cheese and/or black olives to the top of the pasta dish, but I have never done that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb orzo pasta (I use Ronzoni brand)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained (I use Westbrae Natural organic corn)
- 1 (7 ounce) container pesto sauce (I use Bertoli reduced fat)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, julienne cut and drained (I use California Sun Dry brand)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- 2In meantime, cook chicken on stove, seasoning it with whatever spices you like. I used Italian seasoning and a bit of sea salt and pepper.
- 3When pasta and chicken are done cooking, add the other ingredients and stir.
- 4Let sit in refrigerator for a few hours before eating.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 113.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: