Recipe by Your Gourmet Girlfriend
I wanted to make a different pasta salad. This turned out very tasty and colorful too.
Top Review by patti.mullins_12201130
Omg, totally agree with Potluck. This salad is over the top awesome. It tastes so special, it seems like it was a lot more difficult to make. I will be making this filling beautiful salad regularly, too! Thanks so much!
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, presseed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup broccoli floret, cooked a little
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute orzo and garlic in olive oil until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add chicken broth and Italian seasonings.
- Bring to boil. Cover and cook on low until most of the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Let cool.
- Add bacon, onions, broccoli, tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill in fridge about and hour; toss with cheese and serve.
- **I cook my bacon in the microwave on a paper plate with paper towels about 2 min for 4 slices, I also steam the broccoli in the microwave until just done, not mushy about 3 min.**.