Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted to make a different pasta salad. This turned out very tasty and colorful too.
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, presseed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup broccoli floret, cooked a little
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Saute orzo and garlic in olive oil until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add chicken broth and Italian seasonings.
- Bring to boil. Cover and cook on low until most of the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Let cool.
- Add bacon, onions, broccoli, tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill in fridge about and hour; toss with cheese and serve.
- **I cook my bacon in the microwave on a paper plate with paper towels about 2 min for 4 slices, I also steam the broccoli in the microwave until just done, not mushy about 3 min.**.
Omg, totally agree with Potluck. This salad is over the top awesome. It tastes so special, it seems like it was a lot more difficult to make. I will be making this filling beautiful salad regularly, too! Thanks so much!
I can't believe I am the first person to rate this salad..I wanted something different and was looking for salads that would be good to take camping. I was getting tired of potatoe salad and tuna noodle salads.I made this salad and 2 others#46410 southwestern pasta salad and #10733 broccoli salad, for a family get together potluck..This salad was given the highest marks but all 3 were wonderful,flavorful,colorful and just tasted great. I would highly recommend this salad, you will not be disappointed. I did however brown the orzo pretty brown and added a couple more roma tomatoes...My daughter is making this one for a graduation party,it is sure to make a big hit..Thank You for this wonderful recipe..I will make it often...