Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From "365 Ways to Cook Pasta". Sounds good, haven't tried it yet.
Make and share this Orzo Lemon and Custard Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- In a large heavy saucepan, scald the milk and sugar over medium-low heat.
- Stir in orzo and cook, stirring frequently and adjusting heat to prevent milk from boiling over, until mixture is thickened and orzo is tender to bite, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg in a medium bowl.
- Stir raisons, lemon zest and vanilla into th epudding until blended.
- Gradually add the hot pudding to the beaten egg, stirring constantly so that the egg doesn't curdle.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cool slightly at room temperature.
- Serve warm.
- Puddung will thicken and set upon cooling.