Recipe by Eyemadreamer
My aunt got this recipe years and years ago from a recipe exchange train, and I so love this dish. It is absolutely delicious. It is great for almost anything from a side dish, a snack, potlucks, picnics, and so on.
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (use low-sodium if you'd like)
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups of broth to a boil, cook orzo over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, add oil and all the veggies, garlic and spices, sauté for a couple of minutes, add 1/2 cup of broth and cook about 4 minutes.
- Drain orzo, place in a serving bowl and add in veggies and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top, optional.
- Note: to make this a vegetarian dish, substitute the chicken broth for a veg broth.