1/1 Photo of Orzo Garden Medley
My aunt got this recipe years and years ago from a recipe exchange train, and I so love this dish. It is absolutely delicious. It is great for almost anything from a side dish, a snack, potlucks, picnics, and so on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth (use low-sodium if you'd like)
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups of broth to a boil, cook orzo over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- 2In a large skillet, add oil and all the veggies, garlic and spices, sauté for a couple of minutes, add 1/2 cup of broth and cook about 4 minutes.
- 3Drain orzo, place in a serving bowl and add in veggies and toss to combine.
- 4Sprinkle grated cheese on top, optional.
- 5Note: to make this a vegetarian dish, substitute the chicken broth for a veg broth.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Garden Medley
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 863.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 12.8 g