Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted for ZWT6 Greek region. From BBC Good Food web site.
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and finely sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (tiny rice-shaped pasta)
- 3 roasted red peppers (from a jar, sliced)
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 small bunch mint leaf, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Put the onion in a bowl, season really well and toss with the vinegar and olive oil. Leave to marinate and soften while the pasta is cooking.
- Cook the orzo in salted boiling water until just tender, then drain and rinse under cold water and drain really well again. Toss with the onion mixture and gently mix through the rest of the ingredients.
This simple recipe provides an abundance of flavor! It makes an excellent side dish and also makes a great take-to-work lunch. The key is to "season well" as the recipe states. I made this exactly as posted, except I left out the pine nuts. (They were not missed.) Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2011.
This was quick & tasty - what more could we ask for?
I love this! I substituted fresh red peppers and it tasted great. (I also left out the mint and it was fine.)