Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
this makes a lovely side dish to a bbq, from bon appetit
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- cook orzo according to package directions until al dente, drain and rinse under cold water drain well and put in a large bowl.
- whisk lemon juice, marjoram, mustard, and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- whisk in olive oil.
- reserve 2 tbsp of dressing, add the rest to the orzo.
- mix in feta, scallions, olives, season with salt& pepper and let it stand for 1-2 hrs toss tomatoes with reserved dressing, stir into orzo, serve.
This was delicious and so fresh-tasting. A lovely accompaniment to our grilled steaks.
THIS WAS A GREAT SALAD! I left out the marjoram and addes 1 clove of fresh garlic, and a can of artichoke hearts to the mix! I also had to use plenty of salt and pepper to make it tasty. Overall it was the perfect edition to our BBQ!!