Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A variation on a recipe posted in July 05 issue of Cooking Light. Delicious.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 ears shucked corn
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell peppers in half lenghtwise, discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin side up, on a baking sheet, and flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag, seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and chop.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook orzo in boiling water, according to package instructions. Drain, rinse, and set aside in a large bowl.
- Brush 1/2 Tablespoon of Olive oil on corn and onion slices. Place them on grill rack, and grill about 5 minutes, until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Cut kernels from ears of corn; chop red onion.
- Add bell pepper, corn, red onion, green onions, parsley, and jalapenos to the orzo.
- In a small ramekin or bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss with salad to combine.