A light chicken/pasta salad from Weight Watchers "Slim Ways Chicken" cookbook. Cook time is for the orzo and the chicken. Prep time includes chilling.
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free French dressing
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 medium tomato, coarsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place chicken in gallon-size plastic bag with salad dressing.
- Seal bag, squeezing out air, and refrigerate 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- While chicken is marinating, in a medium bowl with a wire whisk, combine oil, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- In medium pot of boiling water, cook orzo 6-8 minutes, until tender; drain.
- Add cooked orzo to oil mixture, mixing well to coat thoroughly.
- Stir in tomato rosemary and oregano and set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat.
- Add chicken mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add chicken mixture to orzo mixture, tossing well to coat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled.
I really liked this. Very tasty! I left out the oregano (was out) and the tomato (just don't like them) and it was still wonderful! Oh, and I also used canned chicken which made the recipe even easier!
This was a very easy recipe to make, but I thought the seasonings overpowered everything else. I would maybe add the oregano and rosemary to taste. I added more orzo to even it out a little. I did eat a little piece of the cooked marinated chicken before mixing everything together and that was really good.