1/1 Photo of Orzo-Chicken Salad
3 hrs 15 mins
A light chicken/pasta salad from Weight Watchers "Slim Ways Chicken" cookbook. Cook time is for the orzo and the chicken. Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup fat-free French dressing
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 medium tomato, coarsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1Place chicken in gallon-size plastic bag with salad dressing.
- 2Seal bag, squeezing out air, and refrigerate 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- 3While chicken is marinating, in a medium bowl with a wire whisk, combine oil, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 4In medium pot of boiling water, cook orzo 6-8 minutes, until tender; drain.
- 5Add cooked orzo to oil mixture, mixing well to coat thoroughly.
- 6Stir in tomato rosemary and oregano and set aside.
- 7Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat.
- 8Add chicken mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- 9Add chicken mixture to orzo mixture, tossing well to coat thoroughly.
- 10Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo-Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 396.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 18.3 g