1/6 Photos of Orzo-Broccoli Pilaf
Barb Gertz's Note:
This recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Cook and stir the mushrooms and onion until onion is tender.
- 3Stir in orzo.
- 4Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until orzo is lightly browned.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Carefully stir in chicken broth, carrot, marjoram, and pepper.
- 7Bring to boiling: reduce heat.
- 8Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until orzo is tender but still firm.
- 9Remove saucepan from heat: stir in broccoli.
- 10Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo-Broccoli Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.2
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 233.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g