Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy Everyday Low Carb
Make and share this Orzo Broccoli Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup orzo pasta
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Cook and stir the mushrooms and onion in hot oil until onion is tender.
- Stir in the orzo.
- Cook and stir about 2 minute longer until orzo is lightly browned.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully stir in the chicken broth, carrot, marjoram and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until orzo is tender but still firm.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in broccoli. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
I added the broccoli at the same time of the chicken broth. We found it a bit bland. My son wanted soy sauce on it and I tasted it and it was great with soy sauce. Thanks Dicentra :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game
Quick and easy side dish. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game. :)