Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is submitted for a request. Nice change of pase salad suitable for both formal and informal dinners.
- In a large pot, combine the rice with water and simmer, covered, for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Drain the rice well and transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Toss with half of the oil.
- In a large pot, cook the orzo in boiling water until al dente (cooked but firm not mushy).
- Drain and add to the rice.
- Drizzle with rest of oil, and lemon juice.
- Add the scallions.
- (Can be made to this point and refrigerated 1 day before using.) Just before serving season with salt (if using) and pepper, and stir in the almonds.