Recipe by Chef Sunshine
A cold pasta salad with orzo, green olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill, tomato, olive oil, and lemon juice. If you don't have fresh herbs, use dried, but be sure to use more to make up the difference in flavor. As a personal chef, I can let you know that my clients love this dish.
Top Review by Oolala
I have a similar recipe but it has no olives and dill and parsley, it uses 1/3 cu chives and 6 tbsp. basil, chopped. For the tomatoes it suggests 3 lbs. red, orang e and yellow, seeded and quartered. Don't forget 4 cloves, garlic minced. Just a variation.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives
- 1 cup diced feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook orzo for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain, and rinse with cold water.
- When orzo is cool, transfer to a medium bowl and mix in olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill, and tomato.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil and lemon juice.
- Pour over pasta, and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill before serving.