Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good accompaniment to lamb or poultry.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (cooked as direced on the package and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, not in oil (snipped into very small pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups seeded and chopped cucumbers
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Note: if tomatoes are very dry, place them in a small bowl, cover with boiling water, and let stand for 10 minutes; drain well and pat dry.
- To make the dressing: in a medium-size bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Add orzo and the next 4 ingredients to a large serving bowl; toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Refrigerate salad for several hours.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
A nice, refreshing summer salad - very easy to make.