Recipe by Vino Girl
From Everyday Food June 2004
Top Review by Annacia
I enjoyed this a lot as my main meal tonight. It was altered slightly to use what I have. The squash became carrots and I used pepper vinegar for the lemon juice. It came out with excellent flavor and one bite just kept leading to another and I could have easily eaten a lot more than I should have. Delicious! :D
- coarse salt
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo 5 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas and squash.
- Cook until orzo is al dente and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain well; return to pot.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine and serve.