Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Everyday Food June 2004
Make and share this Orzo and Snap Pea Salad recipe from Food.com.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo 5 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas and squash.
- Cook until orzo is al dente and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain well; return to pot.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine and serve.
I enjoyed this a lot as my main meal tonight. It was altered slightly to use what I have. The squash became carrots and I used pepper vinegar for the lemon juice. It came out with excellent flavor and one bite just kept leading to another and I could have easily eaten a lot more than I should have. Delicious! :D
This was really very good. When I first saw the word "salad" in the title, I thought this was your usual pasta salad. Oh contra...I ate it warm as my main dish and almost finished it myself! Did cut the recipe in half since it was for two people. At first taste, I thought it was a bit bland for me and hit my portion with some hot sauce, my lunch compaion liked it just the way you wrote it! Served this with a small cup of homemade mushroom/vegetable soup and rye bread. This is going into my "Make Again" cookbook.