Recipe by Jeena in FL
I made this recipe when I needed a quick side-dish to chicken and veal marsala. For added moisture, I put some of the marsala sauce in the orzo.
- 4 cups orzo pasta, cooked according to package
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium-low heat in a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil.
- Saute the garlic for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add orzo and diced tomatoes and mix well together.
- Stir in the herbs.
- Stir frequently until all the ingredients are heated through.
- Serve and enjoy! :).