Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A southwestern pasta salad that is really easy to throw together. Orignially from the Veggie Life Summer '03 magazine.
- 226.79 g orzo pasta
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 236.59 ml salsa, mild to medium-hot
- 118.29 ml chopped cilantro (or to taste)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice, fresh
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse well.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Toss to mix well.
We liked this a lot. I used a mixture of orzo and rotini for the pasta because I realised too late that I didn't have the full box of orzo that I thought I did. I left out the cilantro but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I would definitely recommend using a thinner salsa for this to get good coverage. I used a very chunky salsa and it didn't get dispersed very well through the salad. Or maybe use some taco sauce instead or a combination of both. I really liked the taste and it was very easy to throw together. It was also large enough that the two of us could eat it as a meal and still have some leftovers for lunch today. Thanks for posting!
This is a tasty salad (or side dish) that is very easy to put together. I also brought it for my lunch and it was very satisfying. Thanks for posting this. Made for ZWT5.
This is a very good salad. I used mild salsa, red bell pepper, no cilantro (didn't have), green onions. Thanks Meg. Made for Alphabet tag game