Recipe by Bella Rachelle
YUM! is the word to describe this recipe!! I had something similiar at dinner one night as a appetizer and it comfort food all the way! Try and enjoy!! I found the recipe on www.ortega.com.
Top Review by Marsha D.
I just had to give this a try since I hadn't ever heard of using tater tots in Nachos before :) It was fabulous though and especially with recipe#56423 over top in place of salsa. I also used Recipe#121415 since I don't use store brought brands anymore. We all loved it! Our company was very pleased! Thanks for sharing this unique recipe!
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 35.43 g envelope taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 453.59 g frozen tater tots
- 453.59 g canortega refried beans
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 226.79 g container sour cream
- 226.79 g containerortega salsa, Homestyle Recipe (Mild)
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow directions on taco seasoning packet to prepare beef (add onion to beef); drain fat and hold warm while heating up remaining ingredients.
- Deep fry tater tots according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile heat refried beans until hot.
- When ready to assemble, place tater tots on a large platter and top with taco meat, refried beans, cheddar cheese then top with lettuce. Sprinkle tomatoes and green onions on top. Serve immediately with sour cream and salsa.
- Enjoy this great comfort food!