Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
YUM! is the word to describe this recipe!! I had something similiar at dinner one night as a appetizer and it comfort food all the way! Try and enjoy!! I found the recipe on www.ortega.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- 1 (16 ounce) canortega refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) containerortega salsa, Homestyle Recipe (Mild)
- Follow directions on taco seasoning packet to prepare beef (add onion to beef); drain fat and hold warm while heating up remaining ingredients.
- Deep fry tater tots according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile heat refried beans until hot.
- When ready to assemble, place tater tots on a large platter and top with taco meat, refried beans, cheddar cheese then top with lettuce. Sprinkle tomatoes and green onions on top. Serve immediately with sour cream and salsa.
- Enjoy this great comfort food!