Top Review by CJAY
This is very good but I think Spanish Rice would be a better name for it. It's not at all like the rice one would get in a Mexican restaurant. I added 1 clove of garlic because the recipe didn't say how much and it was fine. I also used 1/2 tsp. of cumin. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa
- 6 fluid ounces water
- 3⁄4 cup peeled shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- cumin, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until rice is golden.
- Stir in salsa, water, cumin, carrot and peas; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.