Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From epicurious.com. Note that the ingredient list does not include orrechiette pasta because I did not want the site to use the pasta in its nutrition calculations. However, you will need to cook a pot of it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 ounces onions
- 9 ounces sugar snap peas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon peel, finely grated
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions. Sauté until onions are pale golden, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; sauté onions until tender and deep golden, about 15 minutes longer.
- Transfer 3/4 cup sautéed onions to small bowl. Add peas to onions in skillet. Sauté until peas are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Cook orrechiette pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Add pasta and 1/2 cup cooking liquid to onion mixture; stir over medium-high heat 30 seconds. Mix in ricotta, basil, and lemon peel, adding more cooking liquid to moisten as needed. Season with salt and pepper.