- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package yellow rice
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add pecan halves, almonds, and pine nuts, and saute, stirring often, 3 minutes or until almonds are light golden brown.
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add rice, and sauté, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add broth, and cook rice 18 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in nuts, bacon, ham, and parsley. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.