Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A dough to make xmas ornaments or your child's hand print.*Update since I posted last* Its been a while since I made this dough, and a member reminded me that yes you will need more than 1/3 cup water,simply add enough water to mixture to form a moist biscuit type dough to work with.
- Slowly add water to flour. Mix in salt and optional ingredients.
- Knead with hands about 3 minutes.
- Roll out dough 1/2 to 1 inch thick depending on your craft project in mind.
- Cut out whatever shapes you want. Bake 300°F for 25 minutes on each side, or until hardened. Be sure to punch a tiny hole at the top of ornament before baking.
- When time is up, let cool at room temperature, then decorate with paints, glitters, etc.
Made these for my pets Christmas 2015. I followed the directions exactly. Super easy and they appear they'll be easy to paint too. Next time, I'll press some glitter into the dough before I bake them.
Super easy to make and fun to use. My 3 year old loved cutting out "owmanents fo da Kismas twee"! How fun.
My kids and I had a great time making ornaments. Thanks for the easy and fun recipe.