Recipe by MommyMakes
Craft clay for the kids' handprints or homemade ornaments, etc...
Top Review by mandylu31
I cut it by 4 because I only have one child. I used 1 c flour, 1/4 c salt, and about 7 tbsp of water. I used a Kitchenaid to mix it and kneaded in food coloring by hand. It worked great. I've found that using a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper to make the handprints on makes for much easier moving to the baking sheet.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients and knead dough for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Roll dough out and cut around hand or cut circles out for making hand imprints. Use cookie cutters for ornaments or gift tags. If necessary, slightly dampen pieces to make them stick together.
- Make a small hole for the hanger and prick to prevent air bubbles.
- Bake at 300ºF about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. You may have to bake considerably longer depending on how thick your items are. They may not feel hard right away but will harden as they cool.
- Paint and decorate as desired. Acrylic paints work best and use a varnish to make them shiny.