Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for Mom2Rose who's a big Orlando Bloom fan. The following blurb came with the recipe: "My role in the Pirates of the Caribbean series has inadvertently made me something of a connoisseur of Caribbean cuisine - and Dominica had the most impact on me. We found this amazing tree-house restaurant called Indigo. It's off the beaten path, and run by Marie Frederick and her husband Clem, who serve this delicious pasta recipe." NOTE: The original recipe called for "one tin of tomatoes, drained" but the Zaar recipe software won't accept that vague description. So, I guesstimated a 15oz can of tomatoes. Mom2Rose will be the expert on the actual can size because she's actually made this recipe! :)
- 450 g spaghetti
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cook the pasta according to directions until al dente, then drain and rinse. Pour the pasta back into the saucepan, and replace the lid to keep warm.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the parsley, basil, garlic, Parmesan, salt and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Process to a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a medium frying pan. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat and season, adding the brown sugar and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the herb mixture. Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve immediately.
Such a simple recipe, with great taste and healthy too! Very quickly put-together, I used wholewheat fusilli pasta, for a colourful and highly nutritious supper! Thank you, Impera Magna, we'll be enjoying this again!
YUMMY - Oh, and the recipe is too!! I did use a 15 oz can of tomatoes! This is such a refreshing pasta!! Thank you Impera Magna for finding this gem for me!!