Prep 9 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Prep. time includes overnight refrigeration
Make and share this Orkney Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces fine oatmeal
- 10 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (can substitute maple syrup or corn syrup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 ounces self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 ounces milk
- Mix together the oatmeal, soured cream and syrup, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix in the egg, flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir in the milk to give a thick batter consistency.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or frying pan until hot, then drop large spoonfuls of the mixture onto the griddle.
- Cook until bubbles begin to show on the surface, turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Cook remaining mixture in batches.
- Serve buttered, with jam if desired.
- Can be served warm or cold.
- Store at room temperature in airtight container.