Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Although another recipe for this has been posted, it has been altered. I found this in the Sacramento Bee and according to them is taken from WW and has not been altered. It is hard to believe this recipe is a low fat dish.
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml whole wheat crackers, crumbled
- 14.79 ml orange zest, grated
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml ground pepper, freshly ground
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, mustard and salt. On a sheet of wax paper combine the cracker crumbs, orange zest, shallot, and pepper. Brush the chicken on both sides with the mustard mixture then dredge in the crumbs, firmly pressing the crumbs to coat both sides. Place the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, turn over and bake until cooked through. 15 to 20 minutes longer.
The comment that appears with the original recipe (Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook) states the following:
"Be sure to use whole-wheat crackers for the coating-they add nutrition in this flavorful dish. If you prefer, substitute lemon juice and zest for the orange".
I haven't made this yet but hope to soon. Thanks for posting and reminding me of this recipe.
This was great! Even my 8-year-old son (who normally doesn't like chicken) loved it. It was easy, quick, low-fat. And the chicken was juicy and tender. It was delicioius! Thank you for the great recipe.
This was wonderful chicken sweetie! I love dijon mustard so added a tad more and enjoyed the orange flavor along with the mustard. Also used chicken breast instead of thighs and one large shallot. This does not taste like a Weight Watchers recipe at all, very good! Made and reviewed for KK's Recipe Tag Game.