Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hot Wings are my absolute favorite appetizer! This is the way they prepared them at Ruby Tuesdays when I worked there and they are fantastic! They really are very simple to make and you can adjust the heat according to your taste.
- 24 frozen chicken wings
- 2 quarts vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons of franks hot pepper sauce (more if you like them hot!)
- In a large skillet or deep fryer, deep fry chicken wings in oil until done, about 10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove chicken and oil from skillet/fryer, drain oil and reserve chicken.
- Melt butter/margarine in skillet, then add hot sauce.
- Stir all together.
- Add cooked chicken to sauce and stir over low heat to coat.
- Serve warm with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
This is the most authentic recipe for hot wings--the secret is using Frank's hot sauce. If you like going to the chain of buffalo wing restaurants (more like hole-in-the wall greasy spoons), you'll love this recipe. I'm a huge fan!