Recipe by Steven L.
I've been asked for many years now if I had my grandmother's original recipe for my "World Famous Sour Cream Chicken", and I'm happy to provide it to all my fans. I hope you like it as much as my version.
Top Review by SmHerndon
This sounds better than the new version which I made tonight - and would have given 6 STARS if I could!!! Can't wait to try it. If it's as good as the 2nd version, we are in for a TREAT.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts in half and wipe dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream with lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the sour cream mixture, coating each piece well.
- Cover in the refrigerator over night or at least one hour.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Remove chicken and roll in the bread crumbs.
- Arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter and shortening.
- Spoon half over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Remove from over and spoon the rest of the butter mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until tender and brown.