Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been asked for many years now if I had my grandmother's original recipe for my "World Famous Sour Cream Chicken", and I'm happy to provide it to all my fans. I hope you like it as much as my version.
- Cut chicken breasts in half and wipe dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream with lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the sour cream mixture, coating each piece well.
- Cover in the refrigerator over night or at least one hour.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Remove chicken and roll in the bread crumbs.
- Arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter and shortening.
- Spoon half over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Remove from over and spoon the rest of the butter mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until tender and brown.
This sounds better than the new version which I made tonight - and would have given 6 STARS if I could!!! Can't wait to try it. If it's as good as the 2nd version, we are in for a TREAT.
This was good, but had to be modified. The worcestshire alone provided adequate salt, so the kosher salt and celery salt had to be reduced to a 1/2 T each (I used more and ended up having to dilute with additional sour cream). I used all butter (Smart Balance actually) instead of half shortening and could have gotten away with less than a cup. I served it with rice to soak up the sauce, which was somewhat mild but still tasty in an old-fashioned comfort food kind of way.