2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Steven L.'s Note:
I've been asked for many years now if I had my grandmother's original recipe for my "World Famous Sour Cream Chicken", and I'm happy to provide it to all my fans. I hope you like it as much as my version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken breasts in half and wipe dry with a paper towel.
- 2In a large bowl, combine sour cream with lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3Add the chicken to the sour cream mixture, coating each piece well.
- 4Cover in the refrigerator over night or at least one hour.
- 5Preheat over to 350°F.
- 6Remove chicken and roll in the bread crumbs.
- 7Arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- 8Melt butter and shortening.
- 9Spoon half over the chicken.
- 10Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- 11Remove from over and spoon the rest of the butter mixture over the chicken.
- 12Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until tender and brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Original Sour Cream Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1252.3
- Calories from Fat 859
- Total Fat 95.5 g
- Saturated Fat 42.3 g
- Cholesterol 250.8 mg
- Sodium 2508.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 55.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: