Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wanted a simple margarita that was slightly sweet and salty without the mess of salt dropping from the rim. This one is just right. I usually triple the ingredients and fill my quart mug with ice (1/2 cup tequila, 1 cup margarita mix, 1/2 cup orange juice). One serving just disappears too quickly.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces jose cuervo especial gold tequila
- 3 ounces classic lime jose cuervo margarita mix
- 1 1⁄2 ounces orange juice
- Add tequila, margarita mix, and orange juice to glass mug.
- Add enough ice so the ice goes to the bottom of the mug.
- Stir until drink is thoroughly cold.
- Sprinkle salt on exposed ice cubes.
- Let sit for 3 minutes while salt starts to melt the ice.