Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from the Rotel website. This is how my grandmother always made it. She got it off of the can.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) canro*tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large saucepan, cook pepper and onion in melted margarine until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add soups, RO*TEL and chicken, stirring until well blended.
- In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan, alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture and cheese, repeating for three layers. Bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Serves 8.