Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from the Rotel website. This is how my grandmother always made it. She got it off of the can.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) canro*tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large saucepan, cook pepper and onion in melted margarine until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add soups, RO*TEL and chicken, stirring until well blended.
- In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan, alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture and cheese, repeating for three layers. Bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Serves 8.
And this Fcom folks... is how to make King Ranch Chicken! Forget about all of the fancy versions out there. This is the real deal. Probably my favorite casserole EVER!