Red Apple Guy's Note:
This has been around at least since the 60's and remains a hit at parties. Younger folks tend not to be familiar with it but love it. Use any flavor of Ro*Tel tomatoes and green chiles you want, but I like the mild. The recipe comes from the label on the can of RO*TEL.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut Velveeta Cheese into 1-inch cubes
- 2In a saucepan, combine ingredients; stir over low heat until cheese spread is melted.
- 3Serve with corn tortilla chips.
- 5Place ingredients in a covered casserole.
- 6Microwave on HIGH until Velveeta is melted, 3-5 minutes, stirring once.
- 7Serve with corn tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Original Ro*tel (Rotel) Dip
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 523.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g