Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
these potatoes are not only delicious but they're easy to make and they re-heat great !
Make and share this Original Potatoes Au Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Llightly butter a 13x9 inch pan so the potatoes won't stick.
- Cut your potatoes into very thin slices (width wise).
- Organize half of the potatoes in the pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on potatoes to taste (I use about 3/4 teaspoon of pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt).
- Add a layer of cheese (1 cup ).
- Peel 3 cloves of garlic (but leave them whole).
- In a small sauté pan add 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, the 3 whole garlic cloves, and 1 teaspoon of chicken flavor bouillon (the bouillon is optional but I always add it.).
- Evenly add the second layer of potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper (same amount).
- Add the rest of the cheese (1 cup).
- Once the heavy whipping cream mixture comes to a boil REMOVE the 3 garlic cloves; pour mixture evenly over the potatoes.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Enjoy !
Oh wow were these good ! so easy to make & yet so delicious . i made them when my Mother in law came over & she was impressed . i make these at least once a week now ! thanks for sharing