1/3 Photos of Original Potatoes Au Gratin
1 hr 39 mins
1 hr 19 mins
these potatoes are not only delicious but they're easy to make and they re-heat great !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Llightly butter a 13x9 inch pan so the potatoes won't stick.
- 3Cut your potatoes into very thin slices (width wise).
- 4Organize half of the potatoes in the pan.
- 5Sprinkle salt and pepper on potatoes to taste (I use about 3/4 teaspoon of pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt).
- 6Add a layer of cheese (1 cup ).
- 7Peel 3 cloves of garlic (but leave them whole).
- 8In a small sauté pan add 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, the 3 whole garlic cloves, and 1 teaspoon of chicken flavor bouillon (the bouillon is optional but I always add it.).
- 9Evenly add the second layer of potatoes.
- 10Add salt and pepper (same amount).
- 11Add the rest of the cheese (1 cup).
- 12Once the heavy whipping cream mixture comes to a boil REMOVE the 3 garlic cloves; pour mixture evenly over the potatoes.
- 13Bake for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- 14Enjoy !
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Original Potatoes Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.7
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 148.2 mg
- Sodium 289.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 19.7 g