1/1 Photo of Original Pancake House German Pancake by Todd Wilbur
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com If you love Baby Dutchman or Dutch Babies, you'll LOVE THIS! I made a mistake and put some butter in the batter so it didn't puff up as much, but it was still quite good. I also melted butter in the cast-iron skillet while the oven was warming. This is a clone of the first Original Pancake House in Portland, Oregon, and the recipe is from Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur. If you have company, plan on making a couple batches.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs, large
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (salted butter)
- 1Preheat oven to 475.
- 2In a medium bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer.
- 3Mix in milk, cream, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- 4Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- 5Sift in flour and mix until smooth.
- 6Let batter rest for about 10 minutes.
- 7Coat the bottom of a 9" or 10" oven-safe skillet (cast-iron is best) with melted butter.
- 8Pour batter into the pan, and bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown on top and dark brown around the edges.
- 9Pancake will rise substantially while cooking.
- 10Remove the pancake from the oven and let it sit for about another minute.
- 11Loosen the pancake around the edge with a spatula, then slide it out of the pan onto a plate.
- 12Dust with powdered sugar and serve with lemon wedges, butter, and syrup on the side.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Original Pancake House German Pancake by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 176.3 mg
- Sodium 240.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g