From www.TopSecretRecipes.com If you love Baby Dutchman or Dutch Babies, you'll LOVE THIS! I made a mistake and put some butter in the batter so it didn't puff up as much, but it was still quite good. I also melted butter in the cast-iron skillet while the oven was warming. This is a clone of the first Original Pancake House in Portland, Oregon, and the recipe is from Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur. If you have company, plan on making a couple batches.
- Preheat oven to 475.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer.
- Mix in milk, cream, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Sift in flour and mix until smooth.
- Let batter rest for about 10 minutes.
- Coat the bottom of a 9" or 10" oven-safe skillet (cast-iron is best) with melted butter.
- Pour batter into the pan, and bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown on top and dark brown around the edges.
- Pancake will rise substantially while cooking.
- Remove the pancake from the oven and let it sit for about another minute.
- Loosen the pancake around the edge with a spatula, then slide it out of the pan onto a plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with lemon wedges, butter, and syrup on the side.