Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pie is so easy to make and is ALWAYS the first thing to go at pot lucks! Everyone loves this and kids and adults ask for me to make this for parties. You can substitute "light" ingredients, but it loses something with the "fat free" stuff.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesjello instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk (skim works fine)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 20 ounces Oreo cookies, crushed finely
- 20 candy gummy worms (optional)
- Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar in bowl and set aside. In separate bowl, mix milk and pudding. Fold in Cool Whip. Combine the two bowls gently by folding until combined completely.
- You can layer in individual bowls or in one large 12" pan. Start with a layer of 1/2 of the cookies on the bottom, layer mixture in middle and top with remaining cookies. Top with candy gummy worms. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
I made this for dessert after a family dinner. It was a big hit with the kids and adults!!
My daughter was going to a beach party so I purchased 2 kids pails and shovels from the dollar store and used graham cracker crumbs to replicate sand. We topped half of the top of the pail with additional blue food colored cool whip to resemble waves/water and used fish to decorate. The kids loved it and gobbled it up. They're 17 by the way!
Yes, this is the delish and creamy real deal and something you have to rush to the potluck table to snag a bit of before it's all gone! I love the gummy worms, and I like putting artificial flowers in it along with the worms - and other variations such as a new pail with shovel, lined flower pot, etc. Thanks for posting this!